Smartwatches with ready OS support are steadily gaining popularity among all generations. There are many smartwatches designed for both men and women alike while some are simply unisex. This article is about an Android smartwatch for men. Depending on design and preference, there is something for each and every man. From designer brands to top watch manufacturers, all Android smartwatches for men have been designed to meet their interests and needs. Also, before purchasing any smart wearable watch, there are a few factors the user has to consider and this too is illustrated below.
Buy an Android smartwatch for men (what's important)
Smart watches have evolved from the plain watch of the ages. They have come with many abilities that make it easy to sync with a smartphone. You can be sure that a smartwatch can stand the test of time and give you the required service without fail. For these, they are considered to be high-performing.
2. Battery Life
This is an attribute that goes hand-in-hand with the performance. This is a smartwatch, and depending on the features that the watch contains, the battery can be considerably be drained. Thus, smartwatches have to be charged after a day or two and comparing this to a smartphone, the watch has a good battery life.
For a smartwatch, compatibility matters most. It is most important that the smartwatch is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
The features supported by smartwatches are diverse albeit supporting smartphone features, the watch will also support some other features such as fitness tracking. All the apps supported on a smartwatch can be synced and work with the smartphone.
5. Miscellaneous Attributes
There are many other features and functions that make the use of a smartwatch important. Such features include cellular connectivity, price, and aesthetics. All these features are to be considered before acquiring an Android smartwatch.
10 Android smartwatch for men
This is a smartwatch that comes in different series of models and can be considered a good fit as an Android smartwatch for men. The Fitbit watch series has grown popularity ever since the unveiling but all this is due to its marvelous features. The Fitbit watch fits well on the wrist and looks really presentable.
- In-built NFC-Chip to make payments easier
- Has both health and fitness tracking features
- Supports and can sync with many smartphone apps
- Music-player that supports over 300 songs
- Water resistant up to 50m
- Long battery life-4+ days
- Iconic and appealing design
- Issues with setting reminder past the midnight mark
- Some users faced incompatibility of this smartwatch with Google Pixel 2 Android phone
2. Fossil Smartwatch
The Fossil smartwatch has a nice easily changeable watch face and bands. The smartwatch has got a nice bold design befitting it as an awesome Android smartwatch for men. Powered by Wear OS, the watch is compatible with both Android and iOS, this makes it have different capabilities and features on both systems.
Key Features (Android)
- Supports Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections
- Activity tracking
- Syncs to smartphone and gives notifications from smartphones
- Water and dust resistant with an IP67 rating
- Bespoke watch faces and watch bands
- Customizable features such as dials
- Easy configuration and setting up
- The watch app has to stay running in the background on the phone to enjoy using the watch
- Average battery life
3. LG Smartwatch
Brilliance on display with ease in touch screen functioning is the LG Android smartwatch for men. The offers a wireless connection with a seamless and secure integration with a smartphone. The watch is on point with a trendy look and easy setup and use of the smartwatch. It even saves the battery life by displaying a dark screen when not in use.
- P-OLED Display and Gorilla Glass 3
- Wireless connection
- Voice commands can be used with this smartwatch
- Schedule alerts and reminders
- Fitness and health tracking features
- IP67 rating-Water resistant
- Saves battery life by going into a dark screen when not in use
- Supports Android 4.3 and higher
- Has environmental sensors to detect gyroscopic movements and barometric pressure among other environmental conditions
- One cannot use the smartwatch after receiving a call, they will have to switch to the phone.
- Some difficulty is experienced with the fitness settings and features
This is an Android Wear 2.0 watch that supports downloading of apps from Google. Besides the voice assistant that one can use to even call and Uber, the watch has more capabilities such as activity tracking. The Android smartwatch for men is customizable with interchangeable watch bands and has a personalized look.
- Customizable watch bands
- Water resistant-IP67 rating
- Easily downloadable apps from Google
- Supports a music player
- Compatible with Android 4.3 and higher with in-built sensors and Bluetooth connection
- It is a good workout companion
- It is lightweight and trendy
- Personal voice assistant
- If not properly taken care of, it may develop a screen burn in rendering it not usable
- The battery life is unreliable
5. Samsung Smartwatch
Use the Samsung smartwatch to make payments using Samsung Pay. This is a nice Android smartwatch for men as it comes in military-grade specifications. It is water, dust and even extreme temperature resistant. To move through and access apps, use the watch’s bezel.
- Utilizes the bezel for accessing of apps
- Use Samsung Pay to make payments
- It easily connects via Bluetooth to get smartphone notifications
- Water and dust resistant
- Customizable watch faces and interchangeable watch bands
- 2-3 days of Battery life
- Has an inbuilt speaker and mic
- Nice comfortable fit with activity tracking features
- Updates disrupt the watch functionality
- Mixed activity tracking features
6. Amazfit Bip
A transflective watch design that comes with an amazingly long battery life. With up to 30 days of battery life, the watch is a nice Android smartwatch for men who don’t need to keep on thinking of charging the smartwatch.
- Longest lasting battery life of up to 30 days
- Waterproof and dustproof with a rating of IP68
- Activity tracking features such as GPS tracking
- It is a lightweight smartwatch
- Personalized style
- Lasting battery life
- Receive notifications from smartphones
- Comes in a range of personalized colors
- Heart rate monitor metrics are inaccurate
- The Bluetooth functionality is unreliable
7. Huawei Smartwatch
Scientific sleep monitoring has been incorporated into this Android smartwatch for men that is the Huawei TruSleep featured watch. The Huawei smartwatch also has an NFC and a Google assistant function. Other magnificent features include the ability to save workout data.
- Download and listen to music via Google Play
- Tracking features such as heart rate monitor
- Advanced sleep monitoring feature
- Has Google assistant-One can use it for voice commands
- Water resistant
- It is more of a sports smartwatch
- Long battery life-2days
- Customizable options with interchangeable bands
- The crown is not easily usable to configure the watch
- The support service is not 24/7
8. Misfit Vapor
This is a nice Android smartwatch for men that comes with a few nice features and a good design. The app has smartphone functions that include the ability to take a selfie, listen to music with more features that are all wireless. It is compatible with Android version 4.3 and higher.
- Get smartphone notifications via the app
- Supports Bluetooth connectivity
- Touch screen function
- Standalone app to use and sync with a smartphone
- Wireless functions with many tracking features and a music player
- Stable and performing app
- Wirelessly play music using the watch
- Vivid touchscreen and nice watch design
- Big watch and may be cumbersome on some wrists
- No NFC (Near field communication) function
9. TAG Heuer Smartwatch
This is obviously a one-of-a-kind watch with chronograph functions, a gyroscope tilt detection technology, and a microphone. The TAG Heuer is that watch that depicts masculinity and is thus considered an exemplary Android smartwatch for men.
- AMOLED Display
- Operation of the app is touchscreen
- Supports Bluetooth connectivity
- Rechargeable smartwatch
- Has chronograph functions
- Extensive phone storage memory-4GB
- Adjustable straps
- A trusted manufacturer with a certificate of Authenticity
- Expensive smartwatch
- Configuring some elements on the watch is a bit complex
10. Skagen Falster Smartwatch
Skagen Falster smartwatch has a mineral dial window and a stationary bezel. The style is eccentric and comes out as an Android smartwatch for men. Among some of the great features of the watch include a quartz movement and water resistance up to 100m.
- The watch has a nice look
- Comes with customizable bands
- Supports third-party apps
- Inbuilt mic and speaker
- Water resistant up to 100m
- It auto updates the time and date
- It supports multiple time zones
- Has a music player function
- The battery life is no consistent and long
- Some lag using the watch and certain connectivity issues
Utilizing Wear OS powered by Google, smartwatches are pretty awesome and come with features that make life easier. Each of the smartwatches described above is an Android smartwatch for men. They are compatible with a smartphone. They are improved and simply a must have compared to the ancient analog watches