A smart sports watch for running is built to withstand many adverse conditions. Such watches will be water resistant, dust, and scratch resistant to a very high degree. Some of these watches come with chronograph functions such as a stopwatch. Other have extra functionality such as smartphone functions. Smartphone functions will include the ability to get smartphone notifications, a music player and even connect via Bluetooth or over Wi-Fi. Most features on a smart sports watch include activity trackers, heart rate monitors, and a pedometer among others. Some can even measure barometric pressure or have gyroscopic tilt detection technology incorporated.
Let us look at the top 10 smart sports watches that can help you keep fit in 2018.
Buy a Sports Watches for Running, Fitness (what's important)
Here are some of the important points to keep in mind while buying a smart sports watch:
The smart sports watch size should be one that is comfortable and fit on the user. The watch should not be cumbersome on the wrist. It should also be lightweight and easy to carry or run with on the wrist. You should feel easiness while reading the text that appears on the watch.
Features on a smart sports watch are supposed to be plenty enough to help the athlete or sportsman or woman get the most out of their exercise. With features such as recording and storing numerous workout data, the athlete or any user can learn how to keep track of their workout activity and any other exercise.
The smart sports watch should be affordable and easy for a sports enthusiast to acquire. For the given price, they are to get something that is completely off the hook and exemplary in performance with many useful features.
The material used to design the smart sports watch should be one that is highly durable. The watch itself should be built with high-grade standards ensuring qualities such as dust, scratch and water resistance among other adverse effects.
A smart sports watch is to execute all the functions it features with ease and provide reliable results. From the onset of buying to launching the smart sports watch, it should perform while still maintain attributes such as durability.
10 Smart Sport Watches
1. Garmin Forerunner
Garmin Forerunner has a long battery life with plenty of other awesome features. Not only can one receive smartphone notifications, but also utilize the smart sports watch feature to pay for goods and services. Among its other magnificent features include dynamic running features such as ground contact time and stride length among others.
- Contactless pay
- Receive smartphone notification
- Fitness and running features such as stride length and vertical ratio
- Customize watch faces and bands
- Performance monitoring functions
- 7-Day battery life
- Monitor and evaluate the performance
- Advanced running features
- It is expensive
- One may experience Garmin Pay functioning issues
2. Fitbit Blaze
Use the smart sports watch to track and analyze any form of workouts. The Fitbit Blaze smart sports watch has a GPS function that works well especially if the phone is nearby. It can connect to a smartphone and receive notifications if it is nearby. It has more features such as a heart rate monitor.
- Smartphone connectivity
- Track workout activity
- Activity tracking
- Heart rate monitor
- Customizable watch faces and bands
- Multi-sport modes
- Analyze performance progress
- Has a GPS function
- The face scratches easily
- The watch band is rather uncomfortable
3. ISPORTS Smart Sport Watch
Having military-grade material, this smart sports watch has some nice features. It is comfortable and can even come as an awesome gift. That aside, the watch has an IP67 water resistant rating. There is no need to charge the ISPORTS Smart Sports Watch as it comes with an inbuilt battery that lasts from 8 to 12 months. That’s not all, it has got smartwatch functions and can connect via Bluetooth. It has a hidden camera too.
- Hidden camera function
- Smartwatch features
- Water resistant
- No charging required
- Customizable watch faces and bands
- Comfortable watch
- Easily syncs with a smartphone
- Made of durable material
- Complex to install a new battery
- The band may break off easily
4. UWear Smart Sport Watch
Comes with a 2-year warranty. Besides that, the watch has an app that supports data sharing with easily function interaction. The UWear watch has activity monitoring functions with other smartwatch functions and is a good outdoor watch.
- Toughened glass
- Smartwatch functions
- Water resistant up to 100m
- Comes with an easy to use and very interactive app
- Easy smartphone connection
- Easy to use and comes with an app
- Has smartwatch and smartphone functions such as receiving smartphone alerts and notifications
- Almost a general-purpose watch Cons
- Longer texts get cut off
- Issues with charging
5. Panerme Smart Sport Watch
High-resolution display with touchscreen functionality comprises of the Panerme features. The watch has other features such as the GPS function. The watch comes with an app and will connect to a smartphone via Bluetooth.
- GPS Locator
- Smartphone and watch functions
- High-resolution display
- Smartphone compatible
- 3-4 Days battery life
- Provides running stats
- Monitor activities such as running and any other outdoor activities.
- Weather app sometimes causes the issue.
- The customer support isn’t very responsive.
6. Polar Smart Sport Watch
Polar Smart Sports Watch is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS. The watch has running metrics to track and analyze the performance. It has also got a GPS and a heart monitor with other activity tracking features such as sleep monitoring.
- Has an inbuilt program that provides running metrics
- Has a heart rate monitor
- A GPS function is integrated into the watch
- Chronograph functions
- Connect via Bluetooth to mobile
- Has smart coaching and workout tools
- Track workout and training activity
- Comes with a fitness and training platform, on the app
- Has certain errors with synchronization, to external devices, PC or mobile
- Poor and unresponsive customer support
7. P1 Smart Sport Watch
Radiant display and touchscreen is the design and mode of operation on the P1 Smart Sports Watch. It has 9 customizable dial displays. On the fitness side, it has 7 running modes and a heart tracker to analyze performance. Among other features is a GPS tracker.
- 7 Running modes
- 9 Customizable dial displays
- High resolution and brilliant display
- Operation is touchscreen
- GPS and heart rate monitor
- Up to 7 days battery life
- The watch is designed to analyze performance via the heart rate monitor
- The display is regularly updated to even work in bright sunlight
- Has an inbuilt GPS tracker that helps displays average and optimal speed as well as average and
- Slight connection issues to smartphone
- Heart rate monitor is slightly off
8. LOKMAT Smart Sport Watch
Has an appealing and nice design. It features standard smartwatch functions, that is the chronograph functions. It has full-time activity tracking and will even provide health data. It has a GPS and this smart sports watch can be used for all outdoor activities.
- IP68 Water resistance rating
- Full-time and all-around activity tracking
- Connects to smartphone via Bluetooth
- Supports smartwatch functions such as an alarm, message reminder, stopwatch and more
- Has a GPS tracker
- 5-7 days battery life
- Analysis and data reports on activity tracking
- Lightweight smart sport watch
- A big fit for some wrists
- On GPS mode battery won’t last more than 5-7 hours
9. Casio Smart Sport Watch
2-years of battery life is the limit of the Casio Smartwatch. In addition, the watch comes with an hourly time signal and an auto calendar. It utilizes a 12/24-hour time format and has some basic smartwatch functions such as a stopwatch and a countdown alarm.
- Electro-luminescent backlight
- Shock resistant
- Water resistant up to 200m
- 2-years battery life
- Smart sports watch functions like the stopwatch
- Lasting battery life.
- Sturdy sports design.
- Digital watch with a nice design.
- Due to the dark screen, there may be some difficulty in reading the time.
- If not properly taken care of the watch band pins may come off.
10. GOKOO Smart Sport Watch
With carbon coating materials, this is a durable and lasting watch that is water resistant. The watch supports smartphone alerts and reminders. The best part is that you do not have to charge the GOKOO Smart Sports Watch as it comes with a battery life of up to 2 and a half years.
- Connect to a smartphone via Bluetooth
- Receive tracking data via the app
- Up to 50 m water resistance
- Outdoor digital watch with activity tracking
- No need to charge the smartwatch
- Lasting battery life
- Simplified connection to a smartphone
- Receive smartphone notifications via the watch
- Complexity disabling beep sounds on pressing buttons from the watch
- Dim display due to energy-saving modes
A smart sports watch that performs all smartwatch functions and has chronograph functions is a nice choice. Sportsmen and women need something that is sturdy, will stand the test of time and is reliable. A sports watch is a great choice of electronic for them and can also come in as a nice present. Besides, the functions on the watch help the sports figure perform at peak and have an analysis of their performance. Above are the best smart sports watches available and what better way to track all sporting activity than through a sports watch?