If you could not connect the security camera with network, make sure the below steps are correctly followed.
1.1 Ensure the security camera (IPC) is connecting with Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
1.2 Ensure the type of issues (Wireless connection failed; Ethernet connection failed; Wireless connection dropped; Ethernet connection dropped)
1.3 Depending on the type of problem, solve it independently. If you could not solve it, please contact email@example.com
1.1 Troubleshooting for Wireless Connection Failed
1. Ensure the connecting way is the smart Wi-Fi configuration or the traditional Wi-Fi configuration is used.
2. If the security camera is connecting with the smart Wi-Fi configuration, ask the user whether or not they are successful with the traditional Wi-Fi configuration. This step could determine if the smart Wi-Fi configuration can’t connect caused by incorrect operation.
3. If the traditional Wi-Fi configuration can’t connect, please confirm the following information：
-Wi-Fi name and the password is correct
-Wi-Fi name and the password doesn’t include special characters (Suggest to use English characters or numbers)
-Wi-Fi name and the password are added together can't exceed 63.
4. If the traditional Wi-Fi configuration is successful, please confirm the Wi-Fi indicator flashes before the smart Wi-Fi configuration is connected. If the indicator doesn’t flash, it means the security camera doesn’t connect with the smart Wi-Fi configuration, so you need to push the reset button for a while go into the mode (Notes: A green and red light would flash while connect successfully).
5. If you select the sound configuration, turn the volume of your phone's speakers to the maximum and bring the speakers close to the camera's microphone.
6. If you select the QR code configuration, place the QR code displayed on your phone approximately 20cm in front of the camera lens.
7. Are there any voice prompts in the smart Wi-Fi configuration process?
a. Waiting to receive wireless configuration information
b. Connecting to the router, please wait for a second
c. Connecting to the server, please wait for a second
- If you only hear option a, it means the security camera fails to receive the Wi-Fi configuration information.
- If you only hear option a. and b, it means the security camera is received the Wi-Fi configuration information, but the router connection is failed.
- If you hear option a, b, and c, it means the security camera connect with router successfully, but the server connection failed.
8. If the camera can’t make a voice prompt, it indicates the router or server connection failed, so use the cable to your camera. After the Ethernet connection is online, you can try to upgrade the camera, then go to the Wi-Fi settings interface and try the wireless connection configuration again.
1.2 Wireless Connection Dropped
1. Confirm the type of issues (Auto-reconnect after disconnection/Can’t auto-reconnect after disconnection)
2. If it can’t auto-reconnect after disconnection, please ensure the Wi-Fi setting doesn’t change (ex. Wi-Fi name and the password are change; Internet account changes；Set related network restrictions).
3. Please confirm the Wi-Fi situation (Distance of Wi-Fi; whether there are walls, glass and other obstructions in the middle affect the connecting?)：
4. Please make sure the version of the security camera. If there has any upgrade version, please upgrade it and see the issue whether or not has solved.
5. Is it possible to plug in the Internet cable after the camera Wi-Fi is disconnected, and provide the camera ID and password to your positioning problem?
1.3 Ethernet Connection Failed/Ethernet Connection Dropped
Please confirm the indicator light of the camera. If it shows a red light, it means the network cable connection has a problem, so customers should check the network connection. If it shows a yellow light, it means the camera can’t connect to the network and log-in to the router's client list to see if the camera has successfully obtained an IP address. If the camera already obtains the IP address, try ping our website page, which is www.mipcm.com/www.vimtag.com to make sure the ping is work. In additional, you can try the ping server address and telnet port information:
1. Common signaling server address:
2. Common portal server address:
3. Common media server address:
Port：7080, 7001, and 80