There are so many reasons as to why you would want to track a car using GPS technology. From making sure your children are driving where they say they’re going or tracking your partner to ensure they’re staying loyal and not cheating on to tracking your employee’s who use your vehicles for work purposes, the list is endless.
However, choosing a GPS technology that works is easier said than done. There are so many features to consider, ranging from the accuracy of the device itself, how you can install it into the car, the durability and performance of the tracker, and of course, the price.
We’ve gone above and beyond the call of duty and done the hard work for you. We’ve taken everything into account, checked these criteria against what products are out there and then narrowed them down to the best five.
This is designed to help you find the best car GPS tracker for you, allowing you to enjoy all the benefits from a great experience. Let’s jump straight into it!
#1 - Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini Portable Real-Time Personal & Vehicle GPS Tracker
Starting off our list, we’ve chosen what is known as one of the best-selling personal and vehicle GPS trackers available in 2018. This tracker is handy enough to track anything and uses the standard Google Maps app to show you an accurate location. An affordable subscription is needed, although you can cancel anytime, and you can use it as much or as little as you like!
- Compact design for both personal and vehicle tracking
- Connects to Google Maps application
- Geo-fencing alerts via email or text message
- Auto-updates location every 5-seconds
- Small and easy to use
- Can be attached to belt or rucksack
- Subscription is not a contract and can be canceled at any time
- Two-week battery life
- The website doesn’t use a secure HTTPS connection
- Accurate within about 30-feet in poor-signal areas
#2 - Amrest AM-GL300 V3 Portable Mini Real-Time GPS Tracker for Vehicles
Another fantastic GPS tracker that can be used to track both vehicles and individuals, giving you a universal amount of opportunities. With long battery life, accelerometer and even geo-fencing alerts, this easy-to-use device is all you’ll need when it comes to vehicle tracking.
- Designed with a highly durable case that’s water and dustproof
- Information can be accessed on the phone app or through a web browser
- Come control over tracking zones and update times
- Compact design so you can use it anywhere
- Comes with magnetic casing for easy installation
- Easy to use user interface for activity monitoring
- Smaller than a lighter
- The world-class customer service team
- Only supports 2G networks
- Cannot be controlled remotely
- Not as accurate as other GPS tracking devices
#3 - Vyncs GPS Tracker OBD Real-Time 3G Car GPS Tracker
Another extremely popular car GPS tracker comes from Vyncs. Not only does this highly durable device track location, but it can also track speed, helping you to identify dangerous driving. With the ability to track through a computer or a mobile device, this is a great choice for those looking for an easy solution.
- Built-in SIM card for location tracking
- Can select 60/30/15 second update times
- Can access location information through mobile app or computer device
- Geo-fencing and alert features
- Comes with SIM card with a 1-year data plan
- Doesn’t require any battery
- Ability to upgrade to a fleet plan
- A ton of business options and features available
- $10 activation network fee
- The first-time setup can be complex
#4 - ABLEGRID GPS Tracker GT021 Real-Time Hidden Tracking Device
If you’re looking for a feature-rich car GPS tracker that has all the features and functions you could ask for, as well as desirable operational traits, such as a long battery life, easy installation and a great customer service team, there may not be any need to look further than ABLEGRID’s tracker.
- Ultra-long 45-day battery life
- Intelligent warning system to alert low battery, low signal, over-speed traveling
- Produced using industrial-grade power magnets for connectivity
- Comes with geo-fencing features
- Works anywhere in the world
- Highly magnetic and can be installed anywhere
- Doesn’t produce any sounds or indicator lights (complete stealth)
- Accurate within 5-10 meters
- Comes with a free 1-year data plan SIM card
- Customer support team is not the best
- Potentially complex installation instructions
- Some units are missing the free SIM card
#5 - GPS Tracker - Optimus 2.0
To finish off our list, we’ve chosen this another highly functional tracker that’s designed to work ideally with mobile devices. With a mobile description and a complete range of extensive features, you can easily track a person or vehicle no matter where they are in the world, no matter where you are in the world.
- Email and text alerts on vehicle movements
- Upgradeable updates down to 10 seconds
- Operational reports and alerts (low battery, low signal, etc.)
- Comes with a SIM card and data plan
- Can be used on individuals on in vehicles
- Works on both iOS and Android devices
- Cancel contract anytime
- More expensive pay monthly fee than other services
- Not pinpoint accuracy (the tracker dot will be displayed in inaccessible areas)
As you can see, there are plenty of options available when it comes to choosing the best car GPS tracker available in 2018. Each device we’ve listed above come with a range of different features and functions, and it solely depends on which one suits you and your budget.
Make sure you’re taking the time to consider what you need from your chosen GPS tracker, and it will make it far easier to choose which one is right for you. However, whether you’re tracking a loved one, partner or employee, any of the five GPs trackers above will help you get it done right the first time.