We all love our pets, most of the time more than the members of our family! However, just like members of our family, we all know the sudden rush of panic that sweeps over us when we realize they’re missing having got out of the house or ran away on a walk.
While the first feeling to overcome you is, of course, panic, there’s a simple solution that can stop this ever becoming a problem; a GPS tracking device for dogs. With a GPS tracker on your dog, perhaps attached to their collar, you can easier use your phone or computer to see exactly where your dog is at all times.
Today, we’re going to help you find the right tool for the job. Below, we’ve explored ten of the most popular high-performance GPS trackers designed especially for tracking your dog. This is to ensure you find the best tracker for you and have complete peace of mind when it comes to tracking your beloved pet.
1 - Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor
The Whistle is perhaps one of the most advanced pet trackers and not only provides you with the exact GPS location of your pet, but it also helps you to track the activity levels of your dog, helping them stay fit and healthy throughout their life.
- Covers GPS locations nationwide and in multiple states
- Low monthly price contract
- Text, email and app alerts and tracking capabilities
- Continuous battery life up to seven days
- Tracks your dog’s physical activity levels
- Wi-Fi and cellular network connection
- Non-intrusive to your dog
2 - Garmin PT10 Dog Device Red Collar Pro
Perhaps the easiest GPS dog tracker you can use comes from Garmin. This powerful and highly accurate collar that works just like your typical collar but has the GPS tracker built right into it!
- Two insulated contact points for best fit
- Integrated BarkLimiter to minimize barking
- Comes with everything you need to get started
- Designed to be incredibly comfortable, regardless of coat length
- 1-mile frequency range
- Easy to charge and day-long battery life
- Only available in red
3 - Pod Trackers GPS Plus Wi-Fi Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor
Another highly functional GPS pet tracker, Pod Trackers has both a GPS Tracker and can connect to your Wi-Fi to provide you with real-time information on your pet’s activity level. An outstanding battery life and hugely accurate GPS tracking device for dogs.
- Tracks real-time location and monitors pet’s activity level
- Works in over 175 unique countries
- Receive escape alerts on your phone
- One-button click location information
- Cross-country location tracking
- Up to 8-hours of continuous location tracking
- Customizable geo-fencing features
- The premium price tag
4 - Tractive GPS 3G Pet Tracker for Dogs & Cats
If you’re looking for a GPS tracker that suits a budget-conscious buyer but doesn’t lack on features, it doesn’t get much better than this. With an affordable price and all the features you want, Tractive is a great choice for pet lovers everywhere.
- Worldwide coverage with 3G connection
- Uses the Tractive app, available for iOS and Android
- Real-time GPS location tracking
- Lightweight and waterproof design
- No range limit
- Can share location with family and friends
- Incredibly affordable solution
5 - Garmin DC40 GPS Dog Tracking Collar
Another Garmin product, this time this collar comes with a built-in GPS tracker, but no shock system, which means this is an affordable solution with the same performance you’d expect from a Garmin product.
- GPS Receiver with VHF collar
- Designed to be small, rugged and lightweight
- 7-mile operational range
- 48-hour battery life
- Customizable location updates of 5/10/30/120
- Comfortable 1-inch polyurethane collar
6 - Loc8tor Pet Handheld Finder Locator
While designed for cats, Loc8tor can be used for your dog and is a complete kit that can help you track the location of your dog at all times. With a great local area range, custom alerts and more, this is all you’ll need.
- Great 122 meters range
- Comes with splash-proof cases
- Can be used on all kinds of pet (cat, dog, tortoise, ferrets, )
- Ultra-portable and compact design
- All batteries included
- Award-winning product
- Not proper GPS tracking device for dogs
7 - Garmin T5 GPS Dog Collar
This is another Garmin collar that this time has a greater operational range and doesn’t come with a barking limiter, which makes it affordable while still remaining accurate. It also comes with everything you need to charge and use it.
- Comes with a rechargeable battery
- Comes with an integrated LED safety and rescue beacons
- Comfortable, lightweight circumstance
- 20 - 40-hour battery life
- 9-mile operational range
- Waterproof up to 10 meters
- Uses an antenna which can get in the way
8 - TKSTAR GPS Pet Tracker
Another GPS tracker collar for your dog, this is an affordable option for budget-conscious buyers. While the features aren’t as accurate as the more premium models, it still gets the job done.
- Comes with geo-fencing features with alerts
- Auto-updates location every 10 seconds
- Set up a virtual safe zone
- Operational status alerts (low battery alarms)
- Tracks and record historical location data
- Can track on iOS devices or computers
- Waterproof design
- Doesn’t work on Android devices
9 - Link AKC Smart Dog Collar with GPS Tracker & Activity Monitor
If you love your dog, then one of the best purchases you can make is this comfortable and super stylish GPS tracker collar that your pet is going to love; available in all manner of sizes.
- Both a location and activity tracker
- Works with both iOS and Android apps
- Built-in temperature alert system
- Waterproof design
- Free size exchange until you get the right one
- 24/7 customer support helpdesk
- Extremely fashionable
- Only works in the US
10 - Girafus Pro-Track-Tor Pet Safety Tracker RF Technology Device
To finish off our list, we’ve chosen this Girafus pet tracker which is a complete kit for tracking the health and location of your pet. This is a waterproof tag that can be easily attached to your pet’s collar and worn anywhere and everywhere.
- Small, compact size for unobtrusive wearing
- Location can be found using beeps and sounds
- Comes with four tags
- A fantastic 500-meter range
- Tracks multiple pets at once
- The outstanding customer service team
- Only for use on small cats and dogs
As you can see, when it comes to tracking the location of your dog, there is plenty of GPS tracking device for dog options out there for you to choose from. Out of the ten above, simply select the tracker that works best for you and your budget and enjoy complete peace of mind from now onwards.