We are in an age where technology has not only made most things better but also a lot easier. This ease spans all phases of human existence and that includes the safety of kids and the ability of their parents to keep an eye on them. With GPS tracking devices for kids with advanced technology has become one of the top features been embedded in most devices these days, it is possible to pinpoint the exact location of the carrier and track their every movement.
WHY KIDS NEED GPS TRACKING DEVICES
Kids, as we know, are a set of very inquisitive beings constantly in search of adventure, asking questions, curious about several things and sometimes with the unintentional inclination to disobey. They often find themselves visiting where they ought not to visit and going to where they had initially been instructed not to patronize. Since they are innocent, they also are easily cajoled, manipulated or even carried away while gradually straying into danger zones, hence the need to keep a GPS tracking device for kids is essential.
Parents need to equip their kids with GPS tracking device so as to be able to know their kid’s whereabouts and ensure that they are where they ought to be and in case they are in trouble, parents can come to their aid or call or help.
10 BEST GPS TRACKING DEVICES FOR KIDS
There are several GPS Tracking devices for kids available for sale in retail stores, and online stores such as Amazon. Here is our list of 10 of the best GPS tracking Devices for kids that parents can purchase in the best interest of keeping an eye on their kids and to keep them safe.
Part 1. Oltec Smart Watch for Kids
This aesthetically pleasing device which comes in form of a wristwatch is appealing to kids with its several vibrant varieties of colors.
- Inbuilt emergency call
- Keep a track of the location
- Remote monitoring facility
- Real-time tracking
- Classroom programmed feature
- It is slick and fits small wrists
- Beautiful kids-like design
- Several color variant
- Camera and Voice monitoring remotely
- Sim card is not included
Part 2. CYHT Smart Phone Watch for Kids
This device is a quite impressive GPS tracker device for kids that has been embedded with easy and functional features for parents to keep their kids safe.
- Remote camera and voice tracking
- Live GPS tracking
- Location updates
- Location History
- Push notification to the phone
- Safety fence
- Real-time step counting
- Less expensive compared to other trackers
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- Two-way call facility
- Battery backup is not good
Part 3. AngelSense Guardian
This is a very small GPS tracking device for kids that integrates with the mobile phone of the parent and sends a push notification when necessary.
- Constant update when are set to 10 secs
- Listen to kids surrounding
- Location History
- Long lasting battery up to a week
- Portable and light.
- Highly durable
- It is not waterproof
Part 4. TickTalk
TickTalk is one of the few GPS tracking devices for kids that supports two way calling and it happens to be a touchscreen wearable device as well.
- GPS location
- A two-way phone call and text messaging
- Creates routines and set the reminder
- Fits comfortably for kids
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Supports only 2G network
- Works on only T-Mobile networks
5. Fitbit Versa Smartwatch
Fitbit Versa is a wearable wristwatch GPS tracking device for kids that can be easily monitored by parents by linking it to their mobile phones
- Track All day activities
- Heart rate monitor inclusive
- Location history
- GPS location tracking
- Help Request feature when kids go missing
- Made of solid strong material
- Includes built-in NFC (Near Field Communication)
- It is not water or dust resistant
- Limited range
Part 6. Veriot Venture Smart GPS Tracking Device
Veriot Venture is an impressive and simple yet effective GPS tracking device for Kids. It is not wearable but can be placed and hung on any part of a kid.
- GPS tracking enabled
- AT&T cellular sim card coverage
- Live location updates
- 5-day long lasting battery
- Reliable 24/7 support team
- Can track multiple devices
- No two-way calling or texting
Part 7. MACYWELL Smart Finder
Macywell is an affordable GPS tracking device for kids and it is perfect to find out the where about of kids so as to keep them safe when in a close range. It has a simple basic look
- 10-meter range to locate lost one/thing
- Uses Bluetooth connection
- Supports iOS, Android
- Easily replaceable batteries
- Available in different colors.
- It does not support calling
- It is not wearable but can be attached.
Part 8. My Buddy Tag Bluetooth Wristband
My buddy Tag is a wristband that monitors and tracks kids when out of sight.
- Alert when in water for more than 5 seconds
- Panic alert support
- Long lasting battery up to a year
- No monthly subscription fee
- It has a limited range coverage
Part 9. GBD Kids Watches
GBD Kids watch is a tracking device for kids with multiple functions. It is quite durable and also supports calling
- It supports two-way calling
- GPS and LBS locator
- Remote voice monitoring
- It has a camera
- Easy to call and use
- The watch automatically answers when a remote voice monitor call is made
- It requires buying a sim card in it function
Part 10. Amcrest AM-GL300 V3
Amcrest is an amazing GPS tracking device for kids especially for its long-lasting battery no recharge needed, although it is not wearable, it does serve its tracking purposes perfectly.
- GPS tracking and location
- Geofencing and monitoring
- Intelligent reporting
- It is weather resistant
- Compatible with its free mobile app
- 10-14 days battery capacity without charging
- It is not waterproof.
- Mobile app requires a monthly subscription
The importance of parents making use of GPS tracking devices for kids can never be overemphasized. It is important for the overall safety of these kids and the peace of mind of their parents as well. For a much more effective tracking of children’s activities, parents should consider an app like FamiSafe so they can keep an active eye on their kids on the go, hassle-free.