“How to track steps on Apple Watch? My Apple Watch is not tracking steps on its own. Should I need to download a third-party app for it?”
Apple Watch is one of the best wearable devices out there, which is packed with tons of advanced features. Though, understanding all the extensive features of it can be a tedious job. If you are also a new user of Apple Watch, then you must be wondering how does Apple Watch track steps. Don’t worry we are here to assist you. In this guide, we will let you know does the Apple Watch track steps and how to monitor it easily.
Does the Apple Watch track steps?
In a nutshell, yes Apple Watch does track the number of steps we have taken daily. After all, Apple Watch is one of the most widely used and recommended fitness trackers for a reason. If you want, you can also track your heart rate, sleeping pattern, nutrition, mindfulness, and so much more.
- Apple Watch can be used as a pedometer. It can sync the data with your iPhone or any other third-party app to display the number of steps taken.
- Besides that, you can also obtain details about the time you have stood up, moved, have exercised, etc.
- By using the clock or a third-party app, you can even know details about your sleep.
- It has a mindfulness feature that can help you stay calm, control your breathing, and so on.
- The Nutrition feature can help you count the calories and carbs you are consuming to get a healthy diet.
- You can also sync details regarding your body stats, heart rate, reproductive details, medical details, etc.
How to track steps on Apple Watch?
It is quite easy to track steps on Apple Watch. The device has an inbuilt pedometer feature that tracks the number of steps you have taken while wearing the watch. Even if you are not wearing the watch, it can sync details from your iOS device or any other third-party app. Apple Watch considers your steps, stand, move, and exercise as the four most vital statistics. To learn how does Apple Watch track steps, just follow these steps:
1. Just unlock your Apple Watch and open its Activity app. You will view four different colored concentric circles. You need to complete these circles to meet your daily goals.
2. On the side of the Apple Watch, you can view a rotating dial. Just scroll it downward when you are in the Activity feature.
3. This will provide more details related to the respective activities. You can view the total number of daily steps taken. The data will be refreshed every day.
4. To get more details, you can go to the Health app on your iOS device. Just make sure that your Apple Watch is synced with it beforehand. To continue, tap on the “Activity” option.
5. This will provide detailed results regarding various activities, including the number of steps you have taken. You can tap on it to view the historical data from here as well.
That’s it! By following these simple steps, you can easily learn how to track steps on Apple Watch.
The 5 best Pedometers to buy in 2018
If your Apple Watch is not tracking steps or you are facing some issues with it, then you can try some other pedometers as well. Here are some of our handpicked choices.
1. Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Activity Tracker
Fitbit has been a pioneer in fitness and activity tracking, and their latest gadget will certainly not disappoint you. Compatible with both iOS and Android devices, it will let you track all the vital details regarding your everyday activities.
- It has an accurate pedometer and heart rate monitor
- Different exercise modes, sleep stages, and tons of activity insights
- After a full charge, it lasts for 7 days
- Sync your data across different devices (smartphones, tablets, PC, etc.)
- Waterproof display that gives call and text alerts
2. Garmin Vivofit 2 Activity Tracker
Besides Fitbit, Garmin is also known to come up with an extensive range of fitness trackers. The Vivofit 2 is a budget pedometer that can be synced across different devices.
- Can monitor your heart rate, steps, sleep, and other activities
- Sleek black light display for notifications
- Audible alerts to remind you to walk every 15 minutes
- Water-resistant for a worry-free use
- Can last for a year without charge
3. LetsFit Waterproof Tracker for Men and Women
This waterproof activity tracker from LetsFit is packed with tons of features and comes at a really affordable price. It can track all the vital body stats, which can later be synced with your iOS and Android devices.
- Excellent step, sleep, and heart rate monitor
- It can help you examine the number of calories burnt and consumed
- Intelligent reminders to exercise regularly
- Suitable for weight watchers
- Battery lasts for 5-7 days after a full charge
- Available in different color options
4. Bomxy Pedometer and Fitness Tracker
If you wish to buy a basic pedometer on a budget, then this would be an ideal option for you. For less than 10 dollars, you can buy this pedometer and track the number of steps you have taken on a daily basis.
- Step counter with stats about the calories burnt
- Multi-functional band with an LCD display
- Lightweight, it is extremely easy to use (no smartphone needed)
- Different color options available
5. Willful Waterproof Fitness Tracker
Smart, lightweight, and extremely easy to use, this intelligent fitness tracker would be a perfect alternative to expensive wearables. The band comes in different colors and is compatible with iOS as well as Android device.
- Can track the number of steps taken, calories burnt, etc.
- It has a reliable heart rate and sleep monitor as well
- Get instant alerts for calls, messages, social notifications, and more
- 0.96-inch LCD screen (waterproof)
- After a full charge, it lasts for 7 days
Great! Now when you know how to track steps on Apple Watch and does the Apple Watch track steps, you can easily meet your requirements and help your friends as well. If your Apple Watch is not tracking steps, then you can try the other alternatives that we have mentioned as well.