If you’re constantly out and about and you need a watch that can keep up and withstand your rugged lifestyle, a military watch can be a great option to consider. There are plenty of watches out there with a ton of smart features, but what about durability and lasting for years to come?
Whether you work hard, are in the military, or just partake in numerous outdoor activities, investing in a military watch can save you having to buy a new one over and over again when it inevitably breaks or becomes damaged, and you can enjoy a high-performance watch experience.
Buying a Military GPS Watch: What is Important?
There are plenty of things you’ll want to think about when it comes to buying a military watch, especially when you’re making sure you’re choosing the right one. Firstly, you’re going to want a watch that can withstand extreme conditions.
This could mean intense heat or intense cold temperature and will continue to work. You’ll also want a durable design that can withstand water, air, dust and is resistant to scratches or chips. Your chosen watch also needs to be reliable, have a good battery life, and practical, without having too many features that will overcrowd it.
Luckily, to help you pick the watch that’s right for you, we’ve gone out and about and managed to narrow down the military watches out there to just five of the best. We’ve taken everything into account that we’ve listed above, so all you need to do is pick the one you like the most!
Top 5 Military Watches
#1 - North Edge Digital Military Watches
North Edge has always been a popular choice when it comes to watches due to their extensive experience in the watch and timekeeping industry, as well as being renowned for their quality products. This military GPS watch is no exception to the rule as it comes with everything you could want or need in a high-performance watch.
- Water-resistant design up to 50m
- Light-up dial to see in all lighting conditions
- Built-in heart rate monitoring
- Outdoor-design with rugged resin construction
- Multiple military styles to choose from
- Velcro strap for a comfortable fit
- The super affordable price tag
- No alarm settings
#2 - Suunto Spartan Ultra HR
While this may be the priciest military GPS watch on our list, and also holds the title for being one of the most feature-full. With a highly durable design, as well as a range of essential watch features, not only do you get the benefits of a military-style device, but also of a fully-functional watch with everything you need.
- State-of-the-art color touchscreen
- 80 unique sports modes built into the watch
- LED backlight to see the display at all hours of the day
- Compass, altimeter, barometer, GPS tracking
- The incredibly affordable price tag
- Waterproof design up to 100m
- Outstanding 26-hour battery life
- Breathable wristband for a comfortable and lightweight fit
- Don’t press buttons underwater otherwise it’s not waterproof
- Doesn’t include instructions on how to calibrate the compass
#3 - Suunto Core Wrist-Top Computer Watch
When you’re in a survival situation, it’s important that you’re able to read the time quickly and get all the information you need without having to draw too much attention away from what you’re doing. Luckily, the Suunto Core military GPS watch from Infantry fulfills this purpose perfectly, as well as providing you access to all the essential watch features and functions.
- Displays intelligent weather and storm forecasts and information
- Designed using anti-scratch materials throughout the watch
- Built-in alarm, stopwatch, and rotating bezel
- Integrated altimeter and barometer for environment analyzing
- Comfortable nylon band with the genuine leather bottom
- Integrated backlit for clear viewing at all hours of the day
- Multiple designs and color schemes available
- May be too bulky for some people
- Not a waterproof design
#4 - Suunto Core All Black - Military
While this may be the most expensive military GPS watch on our list, if you’re willing to pay for quality and performance, it doesn’t get much better than this. The Suunto Core is the ultimate military/survival watch, and it’s perfect for all kinds of situation you may find yourself in. From your basic watch features to planning weather forecasts and environmental information, whatever information you need, this watch is sure to give it to you quickly and easily.
- Built-in altitude meter for tracking vertical movements
- The integrated barometer for measuring air pressure
- Sunrise and sunset times for over 400 locations
- Comes with a weather indicator
- Has a built-in intelligent storm alarm
- A complete feature-packed survival watch
- Water resistant up to 100-feet
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
#5 - findtime GPS Smart Watch Orange
To finish off our list of the best military GPS watch available today, we’ve chosen this awesome little watch from findtime which is easily one of the most popular watches on the market right now and comes with everything you need for an affordable price.
findtime is one of the most renowned companies and has been producing beloved watches for decades, guaranteeing the company’s position as perhaps the best manufacturer in the world, and now it can be yours!
- Built-in stopwatch mode
- Integrated fitness tracking features with heart rate monitoring
- Fantastic battery life lasting years
- All the smartphone features you would expect on a smartwatch
- Water-resistant IP66 up to 30 meters
- Awesome military styled design
- One of the most popular watches available today
- Suitable for all kinds of sports and activity
- Don’t press buttons underwater water damage can occur
When shopping online, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the number of fantastic military watches out there that you can choose from. However, if you’re looking for the best with the best price, any of the five watches we’ve listed above make great choices you’re going to love.
Simply go through the features, find one that suits you, what you’re looking for and your budget, and you’ll have a military watch that you’ll fall in love within no time at all!