Smartwatches are all the rage right now, and the chances are you’ve seen them popping up all over the place. However, while a typical smartwatch can answer calls and SMS messages, GPS watches are slightly different and, in most cases, a lot more functional.
Whether you love walking, hiking, cycling, running, or just generally want to track your health and fitness, as well as your location and where you’ve been, a GPS watch is the best way to go; and what better company is there than the coveted TomTom company.
Introducing TomTom GPS Watches
A TomTom GPS watch can be one of the handiest pieces of technology you use in your life. Let’s say you’re into an active sport like running or cycling. Using a GPS watch, you’ll be able to track exactly where you’ve been, how far you’ve been, and other information like elevation and calories burnt.
This information is essential if you’re looking to optimize your training and take your health and fitness to the next level. It’s also a great way to help you stay motivated and focused on achieving your goals.
TomTom is also a great company to choose from thanks to their decades-old experience in GPS technology, renowned for their accuracy and fast-loading times. If this seems like the type of watch you’re looking for, let’s help you find the best one for you.
Top Ten TomTom GPS Watches
#1 - TomTom Adventurer GPS Hiking & Trail Running Watch
To start off our list, we’ve chosen this awesome orange-styled GPS watch that’s there in all situations for any kind of activity, including swimming, hiking, running, cycling, or even just going to the gym!
- GPS technology with built-in music player
- Full fitness tracker with heart rate monitor and pedometer
- Discover new routes with built-in map systems
- Personalise your own workouts
- Comes with a set of Bluetooth headphones
- Audio feedback on your performance
- Connects to the TomTom sports app
- The user interface is not as streamlined as it could be
#2 - TomTom Spark 3 Cardio GPS Fitness Watch
This next TomTom GPS watch is designed to provide with a great all-around entertaining and fully-functional smartwatch experience, complete with all the GPS technology and features you’ll need in your life.
- Works as a Bluetooth music player with wireless headphones to keep you motivated
- Waterproof design making it ideal for all kinds of sport or activity
- 24/7 fitness tracking include step/calorie/heart rate monitoring
- Discover new paths and routes with GPS technology
- Waterproof up to 40m
- Personalised and advanced workout plans accessible
- Not a touchscreen device
- Check your size first as they are slightly strange to usual watch sizes
#3 - TomTom Runner Cardio
While this line of TomTom GPS watch has been disconnected by TomTom to make way for more up-to-date models, if you’re looking for a powerful watch with many of the features, but all for an incredibly affordable price tag, this is the watch for you.
- Extra large LED display for clear readings and information
- Built-in heart rate monitor
- Displays all real-time running information
- Multiple designs and colors available
- Control all menus and features through one button
- Comes with Race/Goal/Interval training modes
- Discontinued and no longer available
- Not a touchscreen device
#4 - TomTom Multi-Sport GPS Watch with Heart Rate Monitor
Another leading multi-sport GPS watch, this is a great TomTom product if you’re looking to track your fitness rates and activity levels, as well as recording all your sports statistics and information, giving yourself everything you need to improve.
- Built-in 24/7 heart rate monitor
- Control all menus and options using a single button
- Can monitor your elevation.
- Waterproof design up to 50m
- An extra-large display for complete clarity
- Can be used effectively in all kinds of sports
- Comes with three unique training modes
- Not a touchscreen design
- Doesn’t come with a built-in music player
#5 - TomTom Runner GPS Watch
If you’re looking for a GPS watch that’s designed specifically with runners in mind and aims to provide them with the best and most comprehensive experience, it doesn’t get much better than the TomTom Runner GPS Watch.
- Comes with QuickGPSFix technology to find your location quickly
- Comes with an integrated heart rate monitor
- Connects quickly to the TomTom MySports app
- Have access to customized and advanced training programs
- Ultra-slim design that’s comfortable and lightweight
- Can be charge easily via a USB cable
- Create your own training programs
- Control everything with a single button
- Only a limited number of designs available
#6 - TomTom Runner GPS Watch Special Edition
Pretty much the same as the Runner GPS watch we’ve detailed above, this time the Special Edition version for anybody who’s looking for a little bit extra in their watch, especially in terms of style and design.
- Designed to look far more attractive than the usual TomTom Runner model
- Extra-large display for clear clarity of the screen
- Three built-in training modes to enjoy
- Long battery life
- Waterproof design up to 50m
- Can connect easily to the TomTom MySports app for extra features and functions
- Hard to find replacement parts if you need them
- Slow screen update times
#7 - TomTom Golfer 2 SE GPS Golf Watch with Shot Detection
The first TomTom golfing watch to enter our list, this watch being one of the best since it’s packed with all the features and functions you’d expect, as well as a few extras to help you take your golfing game to the next level.
- Built-in shot detection technology that calculates how far you’ve hit the ball
- Analyse each shot and round during the post-round analysis feature
- See all information on the course and hole you’re playing on, including distances
- A sleek and water-resistant design
- Round tracking to help you improve every aspect of your game
- 40,000 courses around the world built into the device
- Built-in scoreboard feature
- The premium price tag
#8 - TomTom Spark GPS Fitness Watch
If you’re looking for an affordable version of a TomTom GPS watch that comes with a range of different features and functions, a ton of settings and all without breaking the bank, this is the watch you may have been looking for.
- 24/7 fitness tracking features for monitoring all activity throughout the day
- Monitor steps/calories/sleep/pace/elevation and more
- Suitable for tracking all exercises including swimming, gym, running, walking, cycling and more
- The affordable price tag
- The battery can last up to three weeks on a single charge
- Effortless sync all information to your favorite health app
- Not a lot of designs available
#9 - TomTom Golfer 2 GPS Watch
If you’re in need of golfing GPS watch similar to the one above but doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, then you’re in luck since TomTom supplies this cutdown version which maintains many of the essential features to help you dramatically improve your golf game.
- Automatically generates a virtual summary of your golf round
- Exclusive green and hazard view for each hole
- See all distances for front, center, and back
- Comes with shot detection and distance estimation
- Comes with over 40,000 courses ready to play
- All shots are recorded for analysis
- No variable designs available
- May need to play with syncing to get it to work
#10 - TomTom 1RE000203 Spark GPS Fitness Watch
To finish off our list of the best TomTom GPS watches available right now, we’ve chosen this super-affordable GPS watch that comes with a great selection of features that can improve every aspect of your life.
- Track every movement from fitness activities to when you’re asleep
- Simple switch-mode for monitoring different exercises
- Easily share your workouts and results on the app and via social media
- An affordable GPS watch from TomTom
- The TomTom fitness app is easy to use and full of features
- Optional audio feedback while you work out for motivation
- Not as many features as some other watches on this list
It’s easy to see why TomTom is one of the most coveted GPS manufacturers in the industry, and their additions to the smartwatch markets are some of the most innovative and life-improving out there.
Any of the ten GPS watches we’ve listed above make ideal choices, so simply pick the one you like the most, and enjoy all the benefits it brings into your life!