Do you keep losing your keys, wallet, phone, or any other valuable item?
If your answer is “yes”, then you have come to the right place. To make it easier for us to track our valuable items, there are numerous tracking options out there. For instance, you can try Tile, iTrack, Cube, Duet, and other similar services. Out of them, the Tile tracking device is the most popular and recommended option. While Tile provides different products, we will talk about Tile Mate in detail and also discuss its alternatives in this post.
Tile Tracking Device: How it works?
Currently, Tile comes in different options like Mate, Sport, Style, Slim, etc. Out of them, Mate is the most widely used Tile tracking device. You can attach it to almost any other object, like your phone, bag, wallet, keys, etc. Later, you can track the attached object remotely by using your phone. It relies on the Bluetooth technology to track the object. The best part about Tile is that you don’t have to worry about charging it. For instance, Tile Mate can be used for a year without charging.
- Tile tracking device is the world’s bestselling Bluetooth-based compact tracker.
- You can clip it on almost any item and later use your smartphone (iPhone or Android) to track your belongings.
- You can also ring the Tile remotely through your smartphone
- Tile Mate is IP57 waterproof as well
- No charging needed (one year battery life)
- It is extremely simple and easy to use
- Also compatible with smart home devices like Google Home and Amazon Alexa
- Bluetooth range of up to 100 ft
- Weight: 0.16 ounces
- Size: 1.3 x 1.3 x 0.2 inches
- Cost: $19.25 for 1 pack and $32.36 for 4 packs
- Different varieties available
- Easy to use
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Home as well
- Extremely lightweight
- Single unit purchase is expensive
- Can’t be used as a shutter button for cameras
Top 3 Alternatives to the Tile Tracking Device
While the Tile tracking device is quite reliable, it does suffer from certain shortcomings. If you are looking for an ideal alternative to the Tile tracking device, then you can try these options.
1. Cube Smart Compact Tracker
This is one of the best tracking tools that you can try. While it is a few dollars costlier than Tile, it also comes with tons of advanced features as well. For instance, you can use it to click photos from your phone wirelessly. It will always keep tracking the object even when the app is not running.
- This is a simple yet effective item tracker that works on a Bluetooth range of 100 ft.
- You can just attach it to any object and track it remotely through your smartphone.
- It will alert you as soon as your device would get disconnected.
- You can also click photos wirelessly with Cube.
- Through its app, you can ring, vibrate, or even flash it.
- Apps available for Android and iOS
- Weight: 0.48 ounces
- Size: 1.5 x 0.2 x 1.5 inches
- Cost: $24.95
- Replaceable battery
- Easy to use
- Not compatible with smart home devices
2. iTrack Motion Bluetooth Locator
This alternative to the Tile tracking device can let you know the location of your item and even notify you once it is moved. This makes it quite suitable to track valuable items. Compatible with iOS and Android devices, it comes in different colors.
- It has an advanced motion alert feature to notify you whenever the object is moved.
- Users can track the location of the attached object on an interactive map (via their smartphones)
- Anti-lost alarm that can ring three times louder than the usual alarm
- The tool is ideal to track a lost or stolen smartphone
- You can take photos wirelessly from its shutter button
- Replaceable Sony batteries
- Compatible with leading iOS and Android devices
- Weight: 0.28 ounces
- Size: 1.42 x 1.42 x 0.22 inches
- Cost: $16.99
- Bidirectional find feature for lost smartphones
- Can take photos as well
- Motion alert feature
- It is not waterproof
3. Njoiii Bluetooth Item Finder
The last spot on our list is a reliable key (or any other item) locator device by Njoiii. The device will let you know the exact location of an object by using your smartphone. It is integrated with Apple Maps (for iPhone) and Google maps (for Android). As of now, it is available in classic black and white color variants.
- The device is known to track the real-time and precise location of an object on your smartphone.
- It has an anti-lost feature with a special alarm so that you can identify your lost or stolen object.
- Can be used as a selfie remote to take photos wirelessly
- The battery lasts for 12 to 18 months
- Ring and flash it to find the lost object
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- Weight: 2.4 ounces
- Size: 1.42 x 0.22 x 1.42 inches
- Cost-effective and easy to use
- Can click photos wirelessly
- Not waterproof
- Not compatible with smart home devices
The overall convenience of Tile tracking devices
As you can see, we have only discussed Tile Mate in this post. There are several other varieties of the Tile tracking devices that you can also try. For instance, Tile Sport is a more sturdy and waterproof option that comes with a long-lasting battery too. Tile Slim is ideal to track wallets due to its compactness.
While there are several other object tracking devices out there, Tile is still the most popular option. Even without any prior technical experience, you can start using it. Also, it is compatible with smart home devices like Google Home and Amazon Alexa. Therefore, you can even use it to track your smartphone (or ring it when it is silent).
Great! Now when you know about the Tile tracking device and its best alternatives, you can certainly keep your valuables safe. Have you used Tile or any other compact tracker yet? Feel free to share your experience with our readers in the comments below.