Running watches are almost similar to smartwatches. The features incorporated are hefty and make up for all necessary sporting activities. For athletes, the Timex GPS watch function will specifically come in handy while other functions such as the heart rate checker, pedometer and speed and distance stats are essential to the athlete. Moreover, the watch will display the time and have other added features such as an inbuilt media player. These watches are globally available and also affordable. The designs might be different as well as the specs, but it all depends on one’s desires.
Getting a watch that gives you some of the aforementioned essentials is helpful, depending on the reason for getting the watch. When it comes to a watch that catches the eye and meets the demands of the athlete, with both modern and traditional designs, the Timex GPS watch is the go-to runners watch. The features are new and in abundance and the models are versatile too, fitting all gender and any other preference for using the watch.
10 Best Timex GPS & Running Watches in 10 parts
Part 1. Timex Ironman Silicone Strap Watch
The Timex Ironman Silicone Strap Watch is easy to use with a clear interface. It supports up to 12 hours of battery life and comes with a micro USB charging cord. The design is a slim fit watch that is lightweight. The watch also has data transfer abilities. It is a digital clock type and you can get it in your preferred color. The Timex GPS watch provides smooth functionality.
- Up to 50 Meters Water Resistant
- Hydration and Speed sensors, with alerts
- GPS Function
- Has a Vibrating Alarm
- Lightweight design
- It is easy to use with customizable functions such as GPS
- Long battery life-12 hours
- The watch advances with the athlete’s abilities, such as speed.
- Data transfer is only to cloud services and not easily done to a PC
- The watch has no Bluetooth and the connection is not wireless
Part 2. Timex Marathon Watch
This Timex GPS watch lets you keep track of your workout endeavors and supports a GPS function. The athlete can observe the distance, energy utilized and speed. The Timex Marathon Watch has a reminders function whereby athletes can set alarms for easy reminders. The watch has a lasting battery life with a one-year warranty.
- Support GPS technology
- Skill level monitor
- Alarm and reminders
- Different time zone settings ability
- Up to 30 Meters water resistant
- The metrics and stats are easily viewable
- 8 hours of battery life.
- Over 30 Workout memory recollections
- The subordinate app is a bit complex to use
- Some features such as the skill monitor may be a bit complex to use and understand.
Part 3. Timex Ironman Easy Trainer Watch
The Timex GPS watch has a square design with a digital display. The bands are slim and sporty giving it the deserved look. The has over 30 workout recollections and features an Indiglo nightlight. The Timex Ironman Easy Trainer Watch is water resistant and will provide data on the date, distance, and speed. The watch also has the alarm for setting reminders and can be customized to provide different zonal times.
- The watch has a GPS tracking
- Water resistant up to 50 Meters
- Has an Indigo nightlight
- Has the reminders function
- Provides skill data such as the pace
- The watch will provide the date
- Can save up to 20 hours of workout data
- Has an 8-hour battery life
- The watch uses an interface may be a bit complicated
- Using satellite signals for GPS tracking considerably drains the battery
Part 4. Timex Ironman Run X20 Watch
This is the full-size Timex GPS watch which also has the GPS tracking function. The watch will provide real-time information on the distance and speed. It will also show the date and how energy has been expanded. The Timex Full-Size Run X20 Watch has a clear display with menus to configure and use the watch. The watch is also water resistant.
- 50 Meters of Water Resistant
- It has a menu system for easier using of the watch
- Provides data on workouts, that is the distance and speed
- It has a clear display
- Has GPS
- It’s light with a stunning design
- The watch is easy to use
- The display is clear and easy to read
- This Timex GPS watch cannot be used underwater
- One may need to keep on recharging the watch to sustain it
Part 5. Timex Ironman Run Trainer 2.0 Watch
This Timex GPS watch comes with a free to download software for easy connections and acquisition of data. The Timex Ironman Run Trainer 2.0 Watch will store up to 15 workout data which is visible from the desktop app. The watch is a USB rechargeable with a long battery life. It has GPS and will give real-time data on the distance and speed. The functions and settings are customizable with an easy to read display.
- Water resistant- 50 Meters
- GPS with real-time tracking
- Has a desktop app for easy reference of workout information
- USB rechargeable
- Customizable settings with a clear display
- 8 hours of battery life
- Stores up to 15 Workout data metrics
- The desktop app is free to download
- It is an expensive watch
- Small size memory
Part 6. Timex Ironman One Watch
Timex Ironman One Watch is more of a smartwatch. It supports cellular activity as well as GPS. It has an inbuilt media player and can connect to headsets-which are not inclusive of purchase-via Bluetooth connection. The Timex GPS watch has a Qualcomm Mirasol display that is touchscreen.
- GPS tracking capabilities
- Touchscreen display
- Inbuilt Media Player
- Supports Bluetooth and Wireless connection
- Water resistant to a distance of 50 Meters
- Intuitive design with smartwatch functions such as a media player
- Touchscreen with high-resolution
- Easily connects to mobiles
- Cellular and GPS functions cannot be used underwater.
- Very expensive watch
Part 7. Timex Ironman Bodylink Sports Watch
This is a sport designed Timex GPS watch that offers more features such as the heart rate. The watch has a large display and incorporates a 2.4Ghz transmitter. The Times Ironman Bodylink Sports Watch can effortlessly link to any foot pod or heart monitor as well. It a light watch that comes with a 2-year warranty.
- GPS enabled watch
- 2.4Ghz transmitter
- Heart rate monitor
- Real-time distance and speed analysis
- Large screen display
- Fast signal transmission
- Long battery life-8 hours
- Easy connection to PC
- Large but dull display
- Some functions are a bit complicated to use.
Part 8. Timex Ironman Run Trainer Watch
With a 1-year warranty, the Timex Ironman Run Trainer Watch is capable of offering GPS tracking and some other nice features. The Timex GPS watch comes with a 15-workout memory and customizable settings. The watch can also track the distance and speed and the screen display is easily readable. One can also set reminders and use the time intervals function for a workout.
- Supports GPS
- Eligible and easy to read screen display
- Set reminders and use the Time Intervals function for workouts
- Customizable settings
- 50 Meters water resistant
- Battery life is 8 hours
- Has hydration sensors and nutrition reminders
- Supports an Alarm
- GPS signal may take long to connect
- Setting up and using the watch is a bit complicated
Part 9. Timex Ironman Essential
This is a mid-sized Timex GPS watch that supports up to 100-hour split time with a 99-lap counter. The Timex Ironman Essential Watch has the Indiglo light and also has a timer. One can seamlessly review workout since it has a 10-lap recollection memory. It’s a water-resistant watch as well.
- Indiglo Light
- Water resistant up to 100 Meters
- 99-Lap counter
- Has a Timer
- Digital watch
- 10-Lap recall memory
- Sporty lightweight watch
- Not suitable for diving
- Does not support GPS
Part 10. Timex Ironman Sleek Watch
This Timex GPS watch has a nice fitting design. It comes in a number of colors and supports some nice features too. It has the Indiglo light which has a night-mode too. It’s a 100-hour lap chronograph with the split time function. The lap recall memory is up to 50 laps and has a timer too. The Timex Ironman Sleek Watch is lightweight and has a powerful aerodynamic design.
- It is a digital watch
- Indiglo light that has nigh-mode
- Has a time
- 100 Meters water resistant
- Detailed lap and lap time analytics
- Athletic and sporty design
- 50-Lap recollection memory
- Has a timer
- No GPS function
- Nice design, but buttons may be a bit hard to press
Timex GPS watches offer an array of features that come in handy for any athlete. These watches are well built to suit the type of sporting activity. Some have added features that bring them close to a smartwatch while some are somewhat plain but have extensive features that will help the athlete monitor their skill. These watches have been built with precision and make up for what ordinary watches may lack to be the desired athletes watch. There is a range of models from which one can choose from, There is even those designed as per gender and the unisex watches too. Most of the prices are affordable and the watch material is durable.