Part 1: Introduction
Alzheimer is a condition related to memory loss. Most Alzheimer patients may wander off due to the recurring symptoms of the disease such as memory loss, and not find their way back home. This is a dangerous situation, and, in such circumstances, measures need to be taken. Over the years, technology has boosted us a leap forward with the ability to locate our loved ones with ease. Tracking devices for Alzheimer’s patients have been innovated and have made the endeavor less strenuous. Some of them come as hardware with fashionable accessories while others are simply software.
Discussed is a list of some of the best accessories or hardware tracking devices for Alzheimer’s patients.
Part 2. List 10 tracking devices for Alzheimer’s patients in 10 parts (Should list at least 5 tracking watches)
Part 1. MX-LOCare
The location trackers have designed a number of great products that assist with tracking the GPS location of a loved one. The MX-LOCare have a specially built watch that tracks the GPS location. The watch comes in a number of colors and the specifications can be designed to suit the Alzheimer’s patient.
- Small and lightweight wearable.
- It supports communication as it's a Quad-band GSM wearable that houses a sim-card.
- Has a panic button that shows the alert location.
- Minimal power consumption.
- With GSM global coverage, it works almost everywhere.
- Accurate location tracking.
- Built-in watch.
- Great customer service.
- Sometimes Inactive call buttons.
- The wristband tends to come off easily.
Part 2. LocateWatch
The LocateWatch is a meticulously designed watch to offer iOS and Android users the ability to monitor their loved one. The watch comes with a tracking app for easier locating. The features are fabulous with the ability not only to track but also activity schedule. The watch rests elegantly on the wrist giving a stunning look. It also features memory games to keep your loved one healthy and entertained.
- GPS tracking and location history.
- SOS or emergency alert button or function present.
- Supports communication with messaging capabilities.
- With a built-in camera, the caregiver is able to watch them discreetly.
- Schedule activities by setting alarms or reminders.
- Smart and stylish design.
- Has extra features such as the health functions, that is the memory games.
- It is easy to use.
- The battery life is short.
- The call and messaging options work with difficulty.
Part 3. LOK8U
Made of a high-impact polycarbonate and a non-hypoallergenic rubber is LOK8U tracker. It has a lock-on design that makes sure the tracker doesn’t come off the wearer. It has a high radio-frequency range for both indoor and outdoor tracking.
- A lockable strap that firmly locks it to the wrist.
- High-radio frequency distances for easy tracking.
- The notification alerts via email or message are unlimited.
- The tracker is water resistant.
- Has got an alert function for emergencies.
- Comfortable, with rubber straps.
- Easy customization for long distance range tracking.
- Lockable and can only be released using a release tool.
- Sometimes causes False alarms.
- High battery consumption.
Part 4. Lintelek
With a stunning tracker and a long warranty duration, the Lintelek is a nice offer for some little of your cash, giving you unmeasurable peace of mind. The watch tracker comes in many colors too. It is a fitness tracker as well and offers email and social media notifications, also showing incoming calls.
- Provided with Email messaging as well as Social media notifications.
- Small, stylish and very light.
- Set alarms and reminders using the tracker.
- The watch and tracker are easy to use.
- It offers fitness tracking features too such as heart rate and energy consumption.
- The tracker can be used as a fitness tracker too.
- Comes in many designs and models.
- It is compatible with both Android and iOS.
- Small screen, messages can’t be read.
- Quickly drains phone battery when connected by overloading the phone’s CPU.
Part 5. PINGKO
The PINGKO is a tracker that comprises of so many aspects. These include the activity monitor, heart rate monitor, step counter among many more such as the calorie counter. The design is stylish, and the features are well laid out to use.
- HD display OLED screen.
- IP67 waterproof resistant rating.
- Has fitness monitoring features too.
- Incoming notification alerts, from calls and messages.
- It supports connection to Android and iOS.
- The fitness activity features execute seamlessly.
- The screen display is outstanding.
- Light watch with a fabulous design.
- The straps are designed to be worn through strapping on the inside not outside. Could be confusing to some.
- The app speedily drains the phone battery.
Part 6. AngelSense
AngelSense is a tracker used to track those with Alzheimer’s and related conditions. The tracker comes with a SIM card, charger, and fasteners for securing the tracker. One can use the app to track the location of their loved ones.
- Notification alerts are sent to the phone immediately something unexpected happens.
- The updates on the tracking are regular and after every 10 seconds.
- The fasteners are designed to be unremovable.
- A one-year free subscription after every new purchase.
- Supports connection to Android and iOS
- The device is comfortable on the wearer and is of a soft cloth material.
- The guardian can easily listen in on the child without disturbing them.
- Instant notification alerts.
- The device is not waterproof.
- Some models are a bit large.
Part 7. Trax
A new and upgraded GPS tracker that offers real-time tracking using augmented reality to expeditiously locate the loved one connected to the tracker. Its features allow for geo-fencing with alerts. Using the app, there is no limit to the number of trackers one can add.
- Geofencing and location history.
- Support mobile cellular coverage for tracking.
- Dust and water resistant.
- Connects in 2G to mobiles phones, specifically the T-Mobile Network.
- The app is Android and iOS supported.
- Connects to phones easily with an app for easy tracking.
- The device and app work great, especially with regular updates.
- Supports many features.
- The device only connects to 2G
- The app and device may lag in response.
Part 8. GPS Smartsole
This is another GPS tracker that supports GSM and mobile cellular coverage to track. The design of the tracker is of a smartphone that is inserted in the inner soles of the shoe for tracking. It can be used on those suffering from Alzheimer’s, to track their movements.
- Unique insole tracking design, that is hidden tracking.
- The sizes come in all dimensions and can be trimmed to fit the wearer.
- The app is free.
- Wireless charging.
- Uses cellular technology for effective GPS tracking.
- Unique design that fits all sizes.
- The tracker is completely hidden.
- The app comes free.
- One can’t keep one wearing the same innersole for a long time.
- It is not proven whether it is water resistant.
Part 9. SureSafeGO
SureSafeGO Anywhere is an alarm designed as a tracker. It has got GPS location capabilities and supports mobile cellular coverage. The device can auto-detect a fall and will send an alarm. This is among some of its nice features, while its also easy to use and setup.
- Real Time location tracking
- Geofencing with Google Maps as well as location history
- SOS Distress functions
- Supports any network.
- Enables communication 2 ways via calls.
- Small and easy to handle
- Wearing options are diverse and flexible
- Easy to set-up
- Does not support a SIM Card, thus cellular activity is not supported.
- No support for email or message notifications.
Part 10. Yepzon
Among one of the best trackers with an astonishing month of battery life is the Yepzon tracker. It is a well-engineered tracker with the latest technology and is very easy to handle. The tracker is impressive and works like a charm. It also uses cellular technology and can be connected to a smartphone.
- Easy smartphone connection
- Lasting battery life
- Supports 3G and WiFi GPS tracking.
- Easy to use and handle.
- Instant emergency alerts with the SOS Function
- The battery life is outstanding.
- Data security as no accounts are needed for tracking
- Many devices can be supported on the smartphone.
- Certain connectivity issues are present
- With certain models, the setup is cumbersome.
Getting a tracking device might be somewhat of a hassle. To ensure you get the best tracking devices for Alzheimer’s patients, understand the specifications desired. Since most have similar features, go for one that is friendly to your pocket. Most of them also offer money-back-guarantees and warranties. It is, therefore, safe to say that the tracking devices, especially those listed above, come handy for any tracking endeavors.